There is a wide range of support available to businesses in Newark and Sherwood, from finance to advice from industry experts to point you in the right direction.
Below are some examples of the support on offer. For further options and the most up-to-date details on these support programmes the Invest Newark and Sherwood team can be contacted at email@example.com
D2N2 Growth Hub
Supporting economic growth across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, D2N2 is one of the largest Local Enterprise Partnerships in the country. The D2N2 Growth Hub offers free, impartial advice to help you discover the right initiatives and resources to support and grow your business.
To get in touch with an advisor, or to access the Growth Hub’s tailored Funding Tracker, visit the D2N2 growth hub's website or phone 0333 006 9178. The Invest Newark and Sherwood team can also perform referrals to this service.
Invest to Grow Fund
The “Invest to Grow “ fund is operated through the University of Derby. The fund focuses on growth, innovation and the creation of sustainable jobs. The types of projects which would attract funding are:
- Innovation in products, process and systems
- Development or improvement of products and services
- Costs of expansion, including site and building infrastructure and capital equipment
There are many ways businesses can use the funding, here are a few examples but the list is not exhaustive:
- Capital expenditure (land, buildings, equipment)
- Staff costs (relating to the implementation of the project)
- Research, technical knowledge, IPR
- Other projects overheads and implementation costs
- Training- to introduce the innovation developed to the workforce
If you are an SME, Sole Trader or Partnership and can demonstrate that you have tried to access funds from elsewhere and have been unable to do so and that your project will result in the creation of jobs that can be sustained for at least 3 years you can apply.
The British Business Bank - Recovery Loans Scheme
British Business Bank’s Recovery Loan Scheme is designed to support access to finance for UK businesses as they look to invest and grow.
This finance can be used for any legitimate business purpose. However, businesses must be able to afford to take out additional debt finance for these purposes.
For eligibility, and further information, go to the British Business Bank web page.
Grant FinderGrant Finder is Europe's most advanced grants and policy database. Its search engine operates across the public, private and voluntary sectors, identifying funding opportunities and business support schemes appropriate for your business.
Other sources of funding and business support available at local and national levels includes:
- Help with exporting through Department for International Trade
- www.gov.uk is a dedicated website offering a wide variety of business support, advice and guidance for your business along with a financial support search facility
- www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk and telephone 0333 006 9178. This service provides information regarding financial support and sources of business advice
Contact UsInvest Newark & Sherwood
Great North Road
01636 655260/01636 655277